Roasted Butternut Squash & Shallot Soup
1 whole (~4 1/2C) cubed and peeled butternut squash
4 large cubed shallots
2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp peeled and sliced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
2 1/2C low sodium chicken broth
1/2C 5% greek yogurt
2tbsp green onions for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to bake at 375
2. Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
3. Peel and cube squash, shallots, and garlic
4 In a large mixing bowl, mix vegetables from step two with EVOO and sprinkle in salt.
5. Toss all ingredients until covered.
6. bake for 45minutes.
7. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Blend half of the baked ingredients with half of the chicken broth in a blender (open top part of lid to let out steam!).
9. Pour into a sauce pan.
10. Repeat step 7 with remaining of mixture and broth.
11. Add the rest to the sauce pan and heat for about 7minutes on medium heat.
** The soup will be thick so be sure to constantly stir so it doesn't bubble and spit hot soup out.
Love this recipe? Share it, love it, and leave us a comment below!
Interested in learning more about recipe modification and meal plan preparation to suit your personal goals? Learn more here: https://procoach.app/jroynutrition